W. H. Bass currently seeks a project accountant to fill a full-time, salaried position at our suburban Atlanta office in Johns Creek, GA. The successful applicant should have experience working for a commercial construction company providing accounting and administrative support to Project Managers and Superintendents. Experience dealing with Subcontractors, Suppliers and other Vendors, in a construction environment is required. The selected candidate will be responsible for carrying out the following duties:
The selected candidate will be responsible for carrying out the following duties:
- Processing a heavy volume of accounts payable (entering into system & distribution of checks)
- Working with Subcontractors to obtain W-9 and certificate of insurance forms.
- Facilitation of Client and Subcontractor pay applications.
- Entering job budgets and other project information using Timberline software.
- Initial job set up and creation of job books.
- Coordination of contracts, subcontracts and change orders.
- Assisting Project Managers, Superintendents and other company personnel with support as needed.
- Assisting with the production and assembly of close-out/warranty documents.
- Administrative support as needed throughout the project.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Accounting and administrative experience in the construction industry
- Experience using Timberline construction accounting software (desired but not required)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong accounting aptitude and skills.
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and meet scheduled deadlines
- Enthusiastic individual with strong work ethic, outstanding character and ability to work well with a variety of different types of personality (must be a TEAM PLAYER).
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to provide outstanding customer service to both internal & external customers.
- Technical proficiency including Microsoft Office programs
NOTE: If you have been an accounting manager, controller or similar higher level position this position would not be a fit.